Have you ever wanted to experience authentic North African culture and hospitality? Tunisia is an absolutely incredible country to explore in one weekend or a two weeks tour and you will be sure to leave with unforgettable experiences. Mosaic North Africa have compiled a list of our top 5 reasons to visit Tunisia and why Tunisia should be your next vacation spot.
- Ancient Ruins: Tunisia boasts some of the best preserved ruins in the ancient world. From Punic to Roman to the ancient Islamic periods there are many sites to explore. While in Tunis be sure not to miss a day trip to Carthage and Dougga, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Djerba Island: This small Island in the south has pristine white sand beaches and a rich historical heritage that is awaiting your discovery. It also hosts the oldest synagogue in North Africa. Try the delicious fish at one of the local restaurants.
- Hospitality: Many Tunisians know how to offer world-class hospitality. While traveling enjoy meeting friendly locals and try some delicious dishes with the famous spicy ingredient, harissa.
- Ancient Medinas: Get lost in the Tunis medina, wind through the ancient Sousse city, or enjoy the architecture in the Tozeur old city. While in Tunisia experience the sites and sounds in the many ancient medinas.
- Desert: And of course Tunisia offers camel trekking, or Quad trips, in the Sahara desert. There is nothing like sitting under millions of stars and enjoying traditional music by a camp fire.
These are just our top reasons to visit Tunisia. Feel free to contact us if you would like to learn more about visiting Tunisia. Ask our knowledgeable travel experts to plan a custom designed Tunisia tour to experience the ‘real’ Tunisia.