The Ourika Valley is located at the lowest part of the Atlas Mountains approximately 45 kilometers away from Marrakech. It is a place of extraordinary beauty and is famous among locals for its serenity. It is in the Valley where you can retreat from the busy life in Marrakech.
Getting there is easy and one-day trips can be booked from Marrakech. You will be taken by beautiful roads revealing breath-taking green meadows and authentic Berber villages built back in the 16th and 17th centuries.
Exploring Ourika Valley
The major highlights of the valley are:
- Panoramic drive of the Atlas Mountain and Ourika Valley roads
- Visit the Berber villages and houses built on the side of the hills
- Go to a locally-run argan oil co-operative
- Experience the excitement of the typical Berber souk (market) – This local souk named, Tnine Ourika, is held every Monday in the middle of the valley surrounded by saffron and organic herb farm.
- Explore the Setti Fatma waterfalls – To reach the waterfalls you should follow the Ourika River bordered by fruit trees, tiny hamlets, and riverside restaurants. The Setti Fatma has 7 waterfalls. This location is a favorite weekend retreat for the Marrakech locals.